artsbuilder->kdenonbeta

Stefan Westerfeld stefan at space.twc.de
Fri Jul 4 20:50:03 BST 2003

   Hi!

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 04:58:55PM +0200, Matthias Kretz wrote:
> I don't know what Stefans current ideas are and if he's working on something
> at the moment at all. But he did write a new "middleware" based on the
> experience he gathered while working with aRts. This would be a nice way to
> use any kind of sound system IF we get enough developers interested in
> learning it, using it, porting existing apps and libs and so on.

Yes, some code can be found in BEAST (beast.gtk.org => sfidl) - but as I said
in my other mail, I have not been working on it the last three months, because
I was ill. I am restarting to work on things now, and I think one of the first
things to do is to make a "master plan" on how to proceed, and - if possible -
get consensus on that.

> Stefan is still around but I guess he should comment on his status himself...

See above.

> On Tuesday July 1 2003 14:17, Stanislav Karchebny wrote:
> > > And I know some stuff in kdemultimedia/arts is maintained, as it was
> > > recently moved there from kdenonbeta/arts after a bunch of development.
> > > Working case-by-case we can avoid removing someone's work needlessly.
> >
> > BTW, Stefan Westerfield (?) was working on a "new sound system" (?). Is
> > that true? Can I take a peek at the specs/code? Is Stefan at all around?

   Cu... Stefan
--
  -* Stefan Westerfeld, stefan at space.twc.de (PGP!), Hamburg/Germany