Testing an idea: Word export based on Word Basic

Lotzi Boloni lboloni at cfl.rr.com
Tue Jan 28 01:48:10 GMT 2003

   Hi everybody

   I am just testing an idea I had one of these days. Did somebody try
to make an export filter for MS-Word / Excel etc based on the Visual
Basic interpreters of the those applications?

   This is how it would work:

   -export the Kword XML format into Basic. This would be something like
this:

     Sub Macro1()
Attribute Macro1.VB_Description = "Macro recorded 1/27/2003 by Lotzi Boloni"
Attribute Macro1.VB_ProcData.VB_Invoke_Func = "Project.NewMacros.Macro1"
'
' Macro1 Macro
' Macro recorded 1/27/2003 by Lotzi Boloni
'
     Selection.Font.Bold = wdToggle
     Selection.TypeText Text:="Bold Text"
     Selection.Font.Bold = wdToggle
     Selection.Font.Italic = wdToggle
     Selection.TypeText Text:="Italic Text"
     Selection.TypeParagraph
End Sub

   -plug this into a generic, empty document, which will call this on
the first opening of the file. At that moment, the text will be written
in the document. One can do a prompt the "KWord to MSWord conversion
completed" and prompt, or automatically save the file.

    I am just testing if somebody tried something like this?

                 Lotzi

Lotzi Boloni, PhD			e-mail: lboloni at cpe.ucf.edu
assistant professor			http://www.cs.ucf.edu/~lboloni
Computer Engineering Dept.		tel: 1-407-823-2320
University of Central Florida		fax: 1-407-823-5835