cvs2dist in kdesdk

Dominique Devriese dominique.devriese at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Jan 7 15:35:31 GMT 2003

Rob Kaper writes:

> On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 02:03:55PM +0100, Stephan Kulow wrote:
>> And that's what I see as misfeature. If every kfoobar developer
>> needs to checkout the full kde-i18n and then even know what
>> languages translated kfoobar, then he will most likely just drop
>> translations all together.

> True, although it is still an improvement over not having the option
> at all.

> I'll ask Jason if he knows of a way to check out just those parts of
> kde-i18n a certain app needs. Any hints on how our current CVS
> layout would make that possible in a nice way, though?

in kdeedu/kig/package-kig.sh, i have this little code..
cd $I18NDIR
I18NLANGS=$(find -name 'kig.po' | grep -v docs | sed -e
's#\./\([^/]*\)/.*#\1#')

to find out what languages have kig translations..

i guess you could do something like
I18NLANGS="";
for i in $(cat kde-i18n/subdirs); do
        cd $srcdir/kde-i18n/$i/$module/
        if cvs up $program.po; then
                I18NLANGS="$I18NLANGS $i";
        fi
done

i just mean that imho, this restriction is quite easy to code around
imho, and even without doing that, cvs2dist is still quite an
improvement over cvs2pack..

anyway, that's just my humble opinion as a cvs2dist user :)
cheers
domi

--
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.