cvs2dist in kdesdk

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Tue Jan 7 16:05:42 GMT 2003

Am Dienstag, 7. Januar 2003 16:35 schrieb Dominique Devriese:
> Rob Kaper writes:
> > On Tue, Jan 07, 2003 at 02:03:55PM +0100, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> >> And that's what I see as misfeature. If every kfoobar developer
> >> needs to checkout the full kde-i18n and then even know what
> >> languages translated kfoobar, then he will most likely just drop
> >> translations all together.
> >
> > True, although it is still an improvement over not having the option
> > at all.
> >
> > I'll ask Jason if he knows of a way to check out just those parts of
> > kde-i18n a certain app needs. Any hints on how our current CVS
> > layout would make that possible in a nice way, though?
>
> in kdeedu/kig/package-kig.sh, i have this little code..
> cd $I18NDIR
> I18NLANGS=$(find -name 'kig.po' | grep -v docs | sed -e
> 's#\./\([^/]*\)/.*#\1#')
>
> to find out what languages have kig translations..
>
> i guess you could do something like
> I18NLANGS="";
> for i in $(cat kde-i18n/subdirs); do
>         cd $srcdir/kde-i18n/$i/$module/
>         if cvs up $program.po; then
>                 I18NLANGS="$I18NLANGS $i";
>         fi
> done
>
> i just mean that imho, this restriction is quite easy to code around
> imho, and even without doing that, cvs2dist is still quite an
> improvement over cvs2pack..
>
> anyway, that's just my humble opinion as a cvs2dist user :)
I'm not opposed to have it replaced. But I don't want to replace a 30%
solution with a 50% one, but with a 100% one, so I create some pressure on
those that need it to fix it :)

You could e.g. check out subdirs, then check out
for i in $subdirs; do
  cvs co kde-i18n/$i/$module/$program.po
  test -f ...

I doubt many have kde-i18n checked out and if the script would check out the
needed parts automaticly for them, it would please the users of non-C much
more (and me for that matter :)

Greetings, Stephan