PATCH: KFileDialog and Password caching

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Sat Jan 4 15:32:16 GMT 2003

On Thursday 02 January 2003 12:44, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:

> On Tuesday 31 December 2002 07:11, Dawit A. wrote:
> > Indeed we can use that as well, but mainWidget() can return NULL ; so
> > perhaps the following patch is better ?
>
> Fine with me. However I don't exactly understand why we can exchange the
> widgets as we like. Should password caching be restrictable to one single
> widget? If not, why the widget parameter instead of the application name
> for example?

Caching is based on a widget (mainwindow) and not on an application name. The
reason for that is that main windows are visually present while it is not
transparant to the user which main windows belong to the same process (have
the same dcop application name) Of course in the case of the file-dialog it
is important that the application main window that shows the file-dialog is
passed and not the file-dialog itself. But I believe you guys have sorted
that out already, no?

Cheers,
Waldo