PATCH: KFileDialog and Password caching

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Thu Jan 2 19:06:27 GMT 2003

On Thursday 02 January 2003 06:44, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:

> On Tuesday 31 December 2002 07:11, Dawit A. wrote:
> > Indeed we can use that as well, but mainWidget() can return NULL ; so
> > perhaps the following patch is better ?
>
> Fine with me. However I don't exactly understand why we can exchange the
> widgets as we like. Should password caching be restrictable to one single
> widget?

Well right and I've actually changed the patch to simply used mainWidget()
now, but you can send any widget you like.  We only need its window id and
when gets unregistered and no other reference exists the password will be
removed.

> If not, why the widget parameter instead of the application name
> for example?

Because we are need the widget for the cookiejar dialog box IIRC. For the
password caching we actually only need the window id (QWidget::windId()).

Regards,
Dawit A.