PATCH: KFileDialog and Password caching

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Sat Jan 4 19:21:27 GMT 2003

On Saturday 04 January 2003 10:32, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Thursday 02 January 2003 12:44, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> >
> > On Tuesday 31 December 2002 07:11, Dawit A. wrote:
> > > Indeed we can use that as well, but mainWidget() can return NULL ; so
> > > perhaps the following patch is better ?
> >
> > Fine with me. However I don't exactly understand why we can exchange the
> > widgets as we like. Should password caching be restrictable to one single
> > widget? If not, why the widget parameter instead of the application name
> > for example?
>
> Caching is based on a widget (mainwindow) and not on an application name.
> The reason for that is that main windows are visually present while it is
> not transparant to the user which main windows belong to the same process
> (have the same dcop application name) Of course in the case of the
> file-dialog it is important that the application main window that shows the
> file-dialog is passed and not the file-dialog itself. But I believe you
> guys have sorted that out already, no?

Yes and no :)  I was not entirely sure that the application main window was
passed on all occasions when I used topLevelWidget(). However since the code
was switched to QApplication::mainWidget(), I think we properly get the
application's main window.  Hmm... perhaps I need to put some debug
statements to make sure.

Regards,
Dawit A.