kjava and https support

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Thu Feb 13 01:59:57 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 12 February 2003 09:24, Helio Chissini de Castro wrote:
> I've been around bugs.kde.org and this damned https fail in kjava protocol.
> I saw mostly bugs are duplicated, since the problem is exactly the same,
> changing one or another detail ( #19108, #17083, #13471, #11621, #34606 and
> going ). The bug #18281 is exactly the one that affects us at Conectiva
> today.

   Ok I'll look at merging those.  Thanks for the info.

> Our test site is https://www2.bancobrasil.com.br/aapf/aai/login.pbk, which
> is a major Brazilian bank, have an keyboard data entry applet, and are one
> of the banks where Conectuva guys receive their payments !!! ( the another
> one is ABN/Amro Real, with another java applet. )

   Very important of course! :-)

> After experiencing many jvm's, trying to discover why some machines still
> working and others not, i discover that kjava is not having problems in
> access https in general, but some JVM's yes. Saddly, as we turn to IBM JDK
> ( 1.3.1 and 1.4 ) to rebuild eclipse and another things, they present us
> the damned  #18281 problem. The problem appears in IBM derivated Blackdown
> JVM with ssl extra jars too.

   1.3.1 gives nothing but nightmares from what I've seen.  It appears to be
very buggy.  I currently have blackdown 1.3.1 with jsse from SUN on PowerPC.

> SUN JVM 1.4 works well, but is undesirable to us have two large jvm's in
> our distro.
> The main question is:
> Has anything that we need do in kjava to fix that ? If yes, i'll want to
> take a shot, but i don't know much about this part of KDE code and need
> some directions to start.

   I tried this site and it seems to freeze java on me.  I did notice at least
one error (not an exception) go by on the debug console.  What do you see?

--

George Staikos