kjava and https support

Helio Chissini de Castro helio at conectiva.com.br
Wed Feb 12 14:24:19 GMT 2003

Hi

I've been around bugs.kde.org and this damned https fail in kjava protocol.
I saw mostly bugs are duplicated, since the problem is exactly the same,
changing one or another detail ( #19108, #17083, #13471, #11621, #34606 and
going ). The bug #18281 is exactly the one that affects us at Conectiva
today.
Our test site is https://www2.bancobrasil.com.br/aapf/aai/login.pbk, which is
a major Brazilian bank, have an keyboard data entry applet, and are one of
the banks where Conectuva guys receive their payments !!! ( the another one
is ABN/Amro Real, with another java applet. )
After experiencing many jvm's, trying to discover why some machines still
working and others not, i discover that kjava is not having problems in
access https in general, but some JVM's yes. Saddly, as we turn to IBM JDK (
1.3.1 and 1.4 ) to rebuild eclipse and another things, they present us the
damned  #18281 problem. The problem appears in IBM derivated Blackdown JVM
with ssl extra jars too.
SUN JVM 1.4 works well, but is undesirable to us have two large jvm's in our
distro.
The main question is:
Has anything that we need do in kjava to fix that ? If yes, i'll want to take
a shot, but i don't know much about this part of KDE code and need some
directions to start.
And please, if possible unify the bugs to one major.

[]'s

--
Helio Chissini de Castro
KDE Developer