Nove Hrady - A possible Meeting for KDE fellows

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Wed Feb 5 19:27:10 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 05 February 2003 14:01, Tim Jansen wrote:

> > > Aren't those tickets only in strictly limited quantites and hard to get
> > > hold  of?
> >
> > To rely on such tickets for a long-term planned meeting is very
> > optimistic. I am not sure if it is a good idea?
>
> Those tickets should be easy to get if you buy them in advance. You can't,
> of course, buy them two hours before flying.
>
> IMHO it is a very good idea. Transportation is my no 1 concern regarding
> Nove Hrady. Cheap airlines only fly to Prague, and I am not keen on a 2
> hours trip through a country that's far away and whose language I don't
> understand. But maybe that's just because I hate travelling in general :)

    I went through the Czech Republic by train last summer and it was quite
easy to navigate.  Don't worry about that.  However, going to London or
Frankfurt will certianly be more expensive despite the lower cost of flight.
Don't forget that we're not all in Europe, and that the Czech currency is
no-where near as strong as the Euro or British Pound.  Flights to England and
Frankfurt are definitely cheaper from North America, but not by anything
really significant enough to offset the difference in cost of living for a
week.  Also, I found cz to be very nice.  I think everyone would enjoy it
there.

--

George Staikos