Fwd: Name resolution makes kioslaves crash

Thiago Macieira thiagom at wanadoo.fr
Sat Feb 1 17:09:23 GMT 2003

David Faure wrote:
>Any idea why a problem with DNS resolution can make kioslaves crash?

If they are crashing, it must be a problem inside the core libraries. A bug,
that is.

>(Guy: this sure looks like a bug, not only a not-precise-enough error
> message).

Guy: can you provide us with more information? I.e., open a bug ticket in
bugs.kde.org and put there information such as a backtrace. It would also
help to know if utilities such as ping and telnet work on those hostnames, or
KDE applications not using ioslaves. Since the routines are the same, they
should be crashing as well.

One other thing: make sure you are running either KDE 3.0.5a or 3.1. A lot of
bugs have been corrected since that could be the cause of your problem.
--
  Thiago Macieira - UFOT Registry number: 1001
 thiagom at mail.com
   ICQ UIN: 1967141  PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358
     Registered Linux user #65028