separators and titles in the kmenu

George jirka at 5z.com
Sat Feb 1 17:06:44 GMT 2003

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 12:35:46PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Another thought: what if we did titles as submenus that are "inlined"
> - i.e. to do a subsection such as your KOffice subsection, we just do
> it like a submenu called KOffice, then have a flag "inline this
> submenu" that would suck the submenu into the parent menu for display
> purposes. I guess this might be hard to express via virtual file
> system, though. You'd sort of want to do it at the last minute while
> building menus I think, not in the VFS layer.

This could be done by a flag in the .directory file for that directory.  Then
the VFS layer doesn't care about inlining, and the app building the menu can
do the inlining if possible.  So since this would be a hint for the app that
displays the menu rather then something that relates to the "structure" of the
menu it seems to make sense to do it there.  Perhaps add

VFolderInline=true

Note:
On of the ideas I had some time ago for panel menu code which I never did was
automatic inlining if we had a bunch of submenus with just a few items in it.
So perhaps this could be done automatically in the first place.

George

--
George <jirka at 5z.com>
   People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.