stupid idea about profiles

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Thu Dec 18 04:09:19 GMT 2003

Hi,

some people may be completely headshaking (I've had that too :)) but I figured
out talking to people that they don't know how to use konqueror in browser
mode. They just know konqueror is a browser and they would never use a file
manager to do the work. Unfortunately, konqueror by default starts as the
filemanager although everyone only recognizes it as a browser.

My suggestion then is to make the browser mode the default when starting
konqueror from the commandline and to use the profile name when starting it
as a filemanager. Even better would be a program (could be even a shell
script, stupid like it sounds) called "kfilemanager" to start konqueror in
filemanager mode.

Comments ? I know this is a totally rediculous idea but to most people
starting konqueror they want to use it as a browser because they don't even
know what a filemanager is good for (especially commandline people)

Ralf
Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org