Integrative work

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Dec 18 21:53:38 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 17 December 2003 22:12, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> Hi,

> One way to do that is to make those apps use our filedialog and printdialog
> (printing does work in most cases, filedialog is a research project people
> should look at and maybe make proposals how to change gtk to call the kde
> file dialog, patches welcome for demo.
>
> Alex Neundorf is working on the OOo/gtk side, so please contact him if you
> want to be of help, he really needs hands helping him with this particular
> project.

Well, currently I'll try to focus on fuse

http://www.inf.bme.hu/~mszeredi/avfs/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/avf

which (as it seems) has the potential to deliver ioslave support for all linux
apps. Together with Kevon Ottens we'll start on working on the fuse directory
in kdenonbeta again. Means  ... kde ioslaves for all kde apps :-)

Here are two emails with some informations about the file dialog of OOo:

From: CPH <cphennessy at openoffice.org>
A few things you may be interested in doing :
1) read the UCB chapter of the developers guide as I think it is possible that
to register your own file/directory browser. The dev list for hlpe on this
would be dev at ucb.openoffice.org;
2)  also have a look at the OOo patches available at ooo.ximian.com as I
believe that they integrated both the file and print dialogs and the vfs from
gnome.

And this one:

Re: Integrating KDE dialogs into OOo 1.1.x