www

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Wed Aug 27 02:30:50 BST 2003

On Tuesday 26 August 2003 21:04, Rob Kaper wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 05:56:19PM -0700, Robert Williams wrote:
> > This sucks guys!  This should be changed back asap.   Why hijack
> > kde.org for this?    And most of it is in German.  Very bad.

For the same reason why we contribute to an Open Source project. Because
these are the things we believe in.

> > Are we professioals or a bunch of hacks?

To the best of my knowledge I'm a cancer. What's your sign?

> A www.kde.org blackout will achieve NOTHING. Did any of the people

How do you know that? Like with everything in life it's about trying and
doing your best. Sure it might not work, but at least people will know
our standpoint on this issue.

> concerned with this write, fax, call and visit their EU
> representives, provided they even know their representatives? It's

You're forgeting: signed petition.

> easy to change a website, but if you really care, you should be in
> Brussels.

For one I do care. I'm not even an European, but it so happens that it's
something I truly believe in and kind of hope that there are others
that do too.
That being said, I do like the way http://savannah.nongnu.org  is doing
it a bit more.

Zack