OT: Siemens sees Linux desktops at 20% of market by 2008--recommends GNOME over KDE

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Sat Aug 16 17:24:23 BST 2003

On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 11:53:17AM -0400, Navindra Umanee wrote:
> Oh and btw, that comment about KDE being like Windows is such a crock.
> What did they do, configure KDE to look like Windows in KPersonalizer?
> Or maybe they used Red Hat's BlueCurve and still thought it looked
> more like Windows?  Haha.

Hey, don't try to blame us for everything. ;-)

I am fairly sure the study was of Ximian vs. SuSE, not KDE vs. GNOME.
That is, using the default apps and everything provided by those
vendors; KDE and GNOME were not the only thing different about the
setups. I don't know which SuSE was used or how it was set up, but the
spirit of the approach seems to be that they left the defaults as-is.

Havoc