KDEPrint code cleanup

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Fri Aug 1 13:56:13 BST 2003

On Friday 01 August 2003 13:54, Dominik Seichter wrote:
> As I said already, changing the API would be OK for me and no problem for
> KBarcode, as users are encouraged to upgrade to 1.4.0 anyways when it is
> ready. If neccessary I will also fix version 1.2.1 to use the new API. So
> the change would be no problem for KBarcode.

(Note that Michael agreed, so this is just a general comment, not directed to
him.)

This isn't about specific applications; it's a policy matter.  We don't know
who is using our libraries for what, but our binary compatibility policy is
an agreement with 3rd party developers that we won't break things within a
major release series.  Even if KBarcode never used these headers at all, they
still shouldn't be changed in a BIC way before KDE 4.

-Scott

--
New Orleans food is as delicious as the less criminal forms of sin.
 --Mark Twain