Move KRename to KDE CVS

Stephan Binner binner at kde.org
Sun Apr 20 19:26:36 BST 2003

On Friday 18 April 2003 17:09, Dominik Seichter wrote:

> I think it would be a very good addition for KDE, because there is no such
> tool part of KDE yet and it is extremely useful and powerful.

Part is a good keyword: Any plan to integrate it into Konqueror as kpart?
Introducing a second program besides Konqueror to handle file operations
doesn't seem to be a good idea.

> KRename is also bug free

Really? Do you want to be taken serious? ;-)

> If you want to try it out, get the latest stable release 2.6.0 from my web
> page http://www.krename.net . Screen shots and a complete feature list are

GUI-wise it doesn't adhere to the KDE UI style guide and this mixture of a
wizard and a tab widget with clickable labels is horrible. And name me a
single person who guesses what Settings/Visible Pages does without trying.

Bye,
   Steve