Move KRename to KDE CVS

Dominik Seichter domseichter at t-online.de
Fri Apr 18 16:09:39 BST 2003

Hi,

I am the author of KRename ( http://www.krename.net ). I would like to move
this extremely powerful batch renamer into the kdeutils CVS module, so that
it can be part of KDE 3.2. I already have a CVS account, so adding it is no
problem. I will of course continue to maintain and improve it inside of the
CVS.

I think it would be a very good addition for KDE, because there is no such
tool part of KDE yet and it is extremely useful and powerful. KRename is also
bug free, stable and used by many people. Integration in konqueror is
possible through a service menu entry and drag and drop. Because most of
KRename's features are realized with KFilePlugins which are already part of
KDE, no bloat of the source code will IMHO be produced with the import of
KRename into the KDE CVS.

If you want to try it out, get the latest stable release 2.6.0 from my web
page http://www.krename.net . Screen shots and a complete feature list are
also available on the web page.

Are there any objections against this move? There is no CVS history to import,
so I think I can add it to kdeutils by myself (I won't use 'cvs import' :-)).

CU Dom
Dominik Seichter - domseichter at web.de
Krename - http://www.krename.net
KBarcode - http://www.kbarcode.net