System tray - more information

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Wed Apr 9 19:03:35 BST 2003

On Wednesday 09 April 2003 13:31, Stefan Gehn wrote:
> Moin,
>
> On Mittwoch April 9 2003 18:23, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > On Wednesday 09 of April 2003 16:42, George Staikos wrote:
> > >  I just discovered something interesting about the system tray problems
> > > that I have been seeing.  It appears to work fine as long as the window
> > > has the focus, but if the window loses focus (focus under mouse etc
> > > makes this easy), it doesn't close by clicking on the tray icon.
> >
> >  But it gets activated instead (doesn't it?).
>
> yes.

  It definitely does not get activated for me.  It does come to the front, but
the focus does not get sent to it.

> > >   Any ideas?
> >
> >  That seems to be the intention of Carsten's commit.
>
> The current behaviour is annoying, nothing else. I want it to show/hide the
> window, nothing more!

   I think it makes sense to bring the window to the front if it's hidden, but
I think if the window is visible, clicking on the tray icon should hide it.

--
George Staikos
 ...  Yes, my KDE talk at Real World Linux was cancelled on me.