System tray - more information

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Wed Apr 9 19:27:25 BST 2003

On Wednesday 09 of April 2003 20:03, George Staikos wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 April 2003 13:31, Stefan Gehn wrote:
> > Moin,

> > >  But it gets activated instead (doesn't it?).
> >
> > yes.
>
>   It definitely does not get activated for me.  It does come to the front,
> but the focus does not get sent to it.

 I see. That must be one of those focus policies for which
focusPolicyIsReasonable() returns false in KWin >;).

> > >  That seems to be the intention of Carsten's commit.
> >
> > The current behaviour is annoying, nothing else. I want it to show/hide
> > the window, nothing more!
>
>    I think it makes sense to bring the window to the front if it's hidden,
> but I think if the window is visible, clicking on the tray icon should hide
> it.

 How are you going to define 'visible'? Not obscured at all (quite unlikely on
my desktop that such window is not active)? At most 10% of it obscured? 50%?
And if 90% of the window is obscured, is it still visible? And 99%?

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org