default toolbar icon size settings

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Thu Sep 26 21:12:22 BST 2002

I thought that my font settings weren't being respected (restored from
KMainWindow::setAutoSaveSettings()).  As it turned out I had different
settings for Main Toolbar Icon Size and Toolbar Icon Size.

However, I made a couple of observations on the way to this amazing discovery:

*) KToolbar doesn't check the right setting for toolbar icon sizes.  (patch
attached -- though very possibly wrong)

*) Why do we have different settings for "Main" toolbar icon sizes and other
toolbar sizes? (globally -- in a specific application, where these are
restored from the <app>rc file it makes perfect sense)  This seems really
counterintuitive.   I doubt most users have any idea what the "main" toolbar
is.  What's worse is that only the XML client checks for "main" toolbar
settings, whereas when KToolbar is restoring the global default it always
(trys) to use the "non-main" toolbar setting.

I'll probably look through for other places that the icon setting name is
inconcistant.  It looks like some of the KControl changes haven't completely
propogated through the classes that read global settings.

Cheers,

-Scott