QDataStream format change in Qt3.1

Rolf Magnus ramagnus at t-online.de
Thu Sep 12 14:50:04 BST 2002

On Thursday 12 September 2002 14:01, Lubos Lunak wrote:

>  Does somebody know any other place where changes in QDataStream format
> could break things?

The metainfo kioslave uses QDataStream to serialize data and transfer it to
the app. And the jpeg kfile-plugin actually can generate a QImage that gets
wrapped in a QVariant which then is put into the QDataStream. I guess that
wouldn't be a problem, or is there any chance that a kioslave will run on
another Qt version than the app it talks to?
I think the thumbnail kioslave is similar.