Qt 3.1b1

Rob Kaper cap at capsi.com
Mon Sep 9 19:35:47 BST 2002

On Monday 09 September 2002 20:26, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> I think kde-cygwin is very important for KDE because everytime you talk to
> third party software developers they mention that cross-platform
> compatibility is an issue for them. That is ususally followed by either
> "That's why we don't use KDE classes, but only Qt." or in rare cases by
> questions how to wrap KDE / Qt classes so that they can compile both a
> Qt-only and a KDE from the same sources.
>
> It will help KDE immensly as platform if the expansion to other platforms
> is easier.

Perhaps KDE, Inc could provide the kde-cygwin team with resources for the
appropriate Qt licenses so a native Qt/Windows KDE could be developed. While
it would require a Qt/Windows license to compile, we could still release the
source under an open license and encourage third party application developers
to use KDE because they can even use the KDE classes for their cross-platform
applications.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | Gimme some love, gimme some skin,
cap at capsi.com | if we ain't got that then we ain't got much