Fontconfig...

Thomas Zander zander at planescape.com
Sat Sep 7 09:34:05 BST 2002

On Saturday 07 September 2002 04:37, Craig Drummond wrote:
> Hi,

> p.p.s. Can someone with XML experience look at the code
> (kcontrol/fonts/kxftconfig.cpp) and tell me why the indentation is soo
> badly messed up - and how to fix it?

XML does not care about indentation. The indentation published in most
examples is just so its easier to read. So no fix needed.

> I would like to add the attatched configure.in.in file to kcontrol/fonts so
> that fontconfig can be checked for, and used if found.
>
> However, I'm not sure if this is allowable at this stage - seeing as we're
> in a feature freeze. The problem is that XFree86 V4.3 (which will use
> fontconfig) is scheduled to be released sometime between KDE3.1 and KDE3.2
>
> Should this wait for KDE3.1.1? Or just leave for KDE3.2?

You say the code is allready there, this just leaves us with the standard
questions;
- how stable is the interface of the just released fontconfig (the xml is the
interface here I assume..)
- are you prepared to fix any upcoming bugs when they present themselves?

If the answer to both questions is positive, I think there will be no problem
(but wait for a possible veto from others :)

--
Thomas Zander                                           zander at planescape.com
                                                 We are what we pretend to be