Fontconfig...

Craig Drummond Craig.Drummond at gmx.net
Sat Sep 7 14:21:30 BST 2002

On Saturday 07 September 2002 08:34, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Saturday 07 September 2002 04:37, Craig Drummond wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > p.p.s. Can someone with XML experience look at the code
> > (kcontrol/fonts/kxftconfig.cpp) and tell me why the indentation is soo
> > badly messed up - and how to fix it?
>
> XML does not care about indentation. The indentation published in most
> examples is just so its easier to read. So no fix needed.

Yes and no. The messed up indentation makes the files harder to be human
readable - but  Iunderstand your point.

> > I would like to add the attatched configure.in.in file to kcontrol/fonts
> > so that fontconfig can be checked for, and used if found.
> >
> > However, I'm not sure if this is allowable at this stage - seeing as
> > we're in a feature freeze. The problem is that XFree86 V4.3 (which will
> > use fontconfig) is scheduled to be released sometime between KDE3.1 and
> > KDE3.2
> >
> > Should this wait for KDE3.1.1? Or just leave for KDE3.2?
>
> You say the code is allready there, this just leaves us with the standard
> questions;

Well it needs the files attatched to my previous email to work - but yeah the
code is there.

> - how stable is the interface of the just released fontconfig (the xml is
> the interface here I assume..)

Fontconfig has gone through various release candidates - so I'm fairly sure
this is the final stabalised form of the library and XML interface.

> - are you prepared to fix any upcoming bugs when they present themselves?

Yeah - there shouldn't bee to many, as the current code doesn't add/modify
much of the XML file.

> If the answer to both questions is positive, I think there will be no
> problem (but wait for a possible veto from others :)

Cool - I'll count that as one vote for....

Thanks.

Craig.