[dbb at linkexplorer.com: 2005 Plan Free Standards Group (LSB and Li18nux) Survey]

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at sh.cvut.cz
Tue Sep 3 11:42:03 BST 2002

On Monday 02 September 2002 16:42, Rob Kaper wrote:
> I received this message on Thursday, quite possible based on a response of
> mine in one of the Red Hat threads. We've got quite a few desktop standards
> but when it comes to styles/themes, colours and keybindings unfortunately
> we do not.
>
> Ellis: is our shortcut configuration format well-documented? Would it be
> possible to have a system where both GNOME and KDE pull their generic
> key bindings from the same resource?

 They're just saved in kdeglobals, global shortcuts in [Global Shortcuts] and
application shortcuts in [Shortcuts]. The app ones seem to be written only if
they differ from the default value, the global ones are written either as
simply e.g. 'Ctrl+Alt+M' ('none' for none), or as 'default(Ctrl+Alt+M)' when
it equals the default value.

> Core: how about our color schemes? Kind of nonsense those would have to be

 They are in kdeglobals too, in [General]. They're read by
KApplication::kdisplaySetPalette().

> incompatible with GNOME. Styles are a bit trickier, as most of the styles
> are code-based, but we should also support one pixmap theme config together
> with other desktops and possible.
>
> Please let me know your thoughts and raise your hand if you're willing to
> unify some of these things in order to make a better world.
[snip]

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer