[dbb at linkexplorer.com: 2005 Plan Free Standards Group (LSB and Li18nux) Survey]

Rob Kaper cap at capsi.com
Mon Sep 2 15:42:38 BST 2002

I received this message on Thursday, quite possible based on a response of
mine in one of the Red Hat threads. We've got quite a few desktop standards
but when it comes to styles/themes, colours and keybindings unfortunately we
do not.

Ellis: is our shortcut configuration format well-documented? Would it be
possible to have a system where both GNOME and KDE pull their generic
key bindings from the same resource?

Core: how about our color schemes? Kind of nonsense those would have to be
incompatible with GNOME. Styles are a bit trickier, as most of the styles
are code-based, but we should also support one pixmap theme config together
with other desktops and possible.

Please let me know your thoughts and raise your hand if you're willing to
unify some of these things in order to make a better world.

Rob

----- Forwarded message from Doug Beattie <dbb at linkexplorer.com> -----