Start new session...

Thomas Zander zander at planescape.com
Mon Oct 14 23:32:24 BST 2002

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 12:08:22AM +0200, Antonio Larrosa Jim?nez wrote:
> El Domingo, 13 de Octubre de 2002 22:57, Oswald Buddenhagen escribi?:
> > > and moreover I agree with Ingo and Thomas that the feature is now
> > > extremely close to people that don't realize the danger until it is
> > > too late.
> > >
> > this is simply not true. only users that already knew the feature will
> > be faced with it (and its much improved usability). it's disabled by
> > default - and as opposed to before, _no_ new user will ever notice it,
> > if he does not read the kdm readme.
>
> If it's disabled by default for 3.1, you say that you've reviewed the patch
> _very_ carefully, it works ok, when it's disabled it doesn't affect any of
> the existing code and the translators (and documentation writers if they
> exist :) !) give you the ok to commit, then I cannot see why people write
> so much about it. Now, if someone finds a bug within that code I would
> just remove the whole patch and wait for after 3.1 to commit it (and the
> bugfix :) )

I have found problems with it, and mentioned them many times. But I guess
I have to point to a flaw in the _code_ before 'someone' accepts them.

Some people only look at code; I only look at usability. The end product
would be so much better if we just listened to each other, and respect
each others field of expertise :(

Thomas Zander   zander at planescape.com
We are what we pretend to be