Start new session...

Antonio Larrosa Jiménez larrosa at kde.org
Tue Oct 15 02:45:38 BST 2002

El Martes, 15 de Octubre de 2002 00:32, Thomas Zander escribió:
> On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 12:08:22AM +0200, Antonio Larrosa Jim?nez wrote:
> > If it's disabled by default for 3.1, you say that you've reviewed the
> > patch _very_ carefully, it works ok, when it's disabled it doesn't
> > affect any of the existing code and the translators (and documentation
> > writers if they exist :) !) give you the ok to commit, then I cannot
> > see why people write so much about it. Now, if someone finds a bug
> > within that code I would just remove the whole patch and wait for
> > after 3.1 to commit it (and the bugfix :) )
>
> I have found problems with it, and mentioned them many times. But I
> guess I have to point to a flaw in the _code_ before 'someone' accepts
> them.

I just wanted to say what I would do in case it would help to give a middle
approach between what Oswald wants and what you want to do. I never said
_I_ had to accept anything.

Anyway, IMHO (read "Humble") if the feature is _disabled_ by default I
think only "powerusers" who need it (it seems Oswald has reasons to think
they exist) will enable it and they don't need a lot of usability  to make
it work. So we have time to fix the usability issues we (you and me)
raised after 3.1 and then we can make it available to novice users which
certainly need those usability issues fixed.

In any case, you really know how to make friends.

> Some people only look at code; I only look at usability. The end product
> would be so much better if we just listened to each other, and respect
> each others field of expertise :(

Oh, I'm very _very_ sorry for trying to help the "experts" without reading
the 67 mails of the thread. I'll leave the "experts" on usability fix
every usability bug the next time even when I think I can help.

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez (irritated)
KDE core developer - larrosa at kde.org
http://devel-home.kde.org/~larrosa/
Try not to have a good time...This is supposed to be educational --C.Schulz