Start new session...

Thomas Zander zander at planescape.com
Sat Oct 12 11:08:46 BST 2002

On Sat, Oct 12, 2002 at 06:29:23AM +0200, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 11:46:33PM +0200, Ingo Kl?cker wrote:
> > Would you please be so kind and explain to me why your feature is not
> > a new feature?
> >
> i did. twice.

Your opinion differs from mine; I say your feature breaks the feature freeze
and you say your feature can be put in in the light of a bugfix.

I have the KDE commit rules behind me; your feature is committed in the freeze
so I asked you to not commit it (long ago).

You tried to convince me that it indeed is a bugfix, but I don't accept your
arguments. (I even found them silly and did not answer; my fault!)

Conclusion; you still have committed a new feature in a feature freeze and
you should revert it.

I'm sorry that you miss this basic discussion skill. Your opinion does not
change the world, convincing other of your opinion can.
In this case you failed to convice various core developers and you, just as
everyone else you should adhere to the commit rules.

So one last time; please postpone your feature until its ready and you
are allowed to commit features again.

Thomas Zander   zander at planescape.com
We are what we pretend to be