Start new session...

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Sat Oct 12 19:16:35 BST 2002

On Sat, Oct 12, 2002 at 12:08:46PM +0200, Thomas Zander wrote:
> Your opinion differs from mine;

obviously.

> I say your feature breaks the feature freeze and you say your feature
> can be put in in the light of a bugfix.

right.

> I have the KDE commit rules behind me;

only when your view on the character of the patch is the right one (tm).
now prove me that you're right.

> You tried to convince me that it indeed is a bugfix, but I don't
> accept your arguments. (I even found them silly and did not answer; my
> fault!)

your problem.

> I'm sorry that you miss this basic discussion skill. Your opinion does
> not change the world, convincing other of your opinion can.

yes, i never was good at convincing people. too bad for me.

> So one last time; please postpone your feature until its ready and you
> are allowed to commit features again.

no. period.

as a compromise i modified genkdmconf for now, so it does not
automatically add reserve display entries. users that did not notice
the feature yet also won't notice now. there are no new users
"endangered" and those the already used and liked the feature now have
an improved usability.

is this okay with you?

greetings