KControl "Regional & Accessibility" Group

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Thu Oct 3 19:19:38 BST 2002

On Thursday 03 October 2002 19:58, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> the important question is: will it hamper the user's ability to find the
> panels within it? "logical layout" (or what i call "the vulcan principle" ;)
> is secondary to this.

It did mine.  :-)

> peripherals is hardware, not user interaction.

Well, that seems more "logical" than intuitive.  That was about the fourth
category that I looked in to find the keyboard settings.  I can see why you
differentiate between "hardware" and "interaction", but at the moment, the
user is given multiple choises and has to guess where they might find a given
group of settings.

I think overwhelmingly a good job has been done and in fact I find the current
KControl to be one of the move useful variations that has presented itself in
the recent KControl-organization-of-the-week business, but this was the one
thing that stood out as counterintuitive.

-Scott

relations, for nature cannot be fooled.
--Richard Feynman