KDE 3.1 final tarballs

Trevor Harmon trevor at vocaro.com
Tue Nov 26 03:05:09 GMT 2002

>> Once HEAD enters RC, I feel it should be branched to KDE_3_1_BRANCH or
>> whatever the next stable release is. That way, HEAD could be opened up for
>> non-showstopper bug fixes.
>
> I think that would be too much duplicate work. For one thing, all the bugs
> fixed in the release branch would have to be merged into HEAD. Actually, all
> changes made into the release brach should be ported as well. So, we'd be
> duplicating this work.

I thought we already did that with the 3.0.1, 3.0.2, etc. releases. Fixes
applied to the 3.0.1 branch, for example, had to be re-applied into HEAD.
Could we do the same thing for the RCs?

> I've made my position clear, but this is actually not a real debate. This is
> a policy and a decision that only the release coordinator can make. It's up
> him to tell us whether he might be considering your option or not.

I know, and Dirk's doing a fine job. I'm only trying to understand the process
and why it's set up the way it is.

Trevor