KIO::PasswordDialog and the keep checkbox

Marc Mutz Marc.Mutz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Nov 17 17:59:23 GMT 2002

On Sunday 17 November 2002 02:03, Dawit A. wrote:
<snip>
> If I understand you correctly, what you are missing is the ability to
> determine the original value of that checkbox right ?

Yup.

<snip history of KIO::PasswordDialog>

> Anyways, AFAIR what your propose will break the original user of this
> dialog which is kdesu.
<snip>

According to lxr.kde.org, kdesu isn't using the static convenience
method getNameAndPassword. Only kio/observer, kio/uiserver, kdeprint,
kmail and knode do.

> From kdesu's point of view
> only the user determines whether this flag is set or not.  This is
> not ideal from other applications point of course and there is a
> couple of ways this issue can be addressed in a BIC manner without
> the need to mess with all the other things you mentioned. I do not
> know doing so would be advisable at this point however since we are
> in a freeze. How about post 3.1 ?
<snip>

Fine with me.

Marc

--
Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.
                                                  -- Groucho Marx