Release Criteria

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Fri Nov 15 16:35:42 GMT 2002

On Friday November 15 2002 00:57, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> > > Also dists to special things that may complicate this test.
> >
> >   Yes but we don't care.  that's their job.
>
> So basicly you are saying we should nullify any QA in the real world?
> We should at least publish what we have tested, because in the real world
> even in a source install we have to live with what dists leave us.  I
> really dont think Sun is actively testing KDE to make sure they did not
> break it when they release a new patch kit ;)

  It's very unfortunate if this does cause problems, but I just don't see us
having the resources to do this.  It's sort of beyond the scope of what I was
aiming for.  We can't go full out with this in one shot either.  It would
just be too much work.  My plan was to take things slowly and see how it
works out.  It would be quite a new thing for KDE, I think.

--

George Staikos