Experiences with KDE-CVS at LinuxWorldExpo

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Mon Nov 4 16:43:50 GMT 2002

Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:

> Hmm!
> IMHO please consider the following
> - usualy the terminal background is black or white. blue has sort of bad
> meaning for many users (BSOD)
> - the shell is not recognizable for small and tiny icons and meaningfull
> only for unix users, windows does not call it "shell" but "command" and in
> german the term shell (Schale, Muschel) is not used for Terminal or Konsole
> and as such no association is possible.
> BTW the yellow shell reminds me to a big petrol company.
>
> just my 2c

 From a usability point of view the old black konsole icon was the best:

* very simple (just as icons *should* be)
* only one element on it (IIRC)
* easy to remember
* easy to distinguish
* easy to find

Maybe the artists amongst us didn't like it. The new one is "nicer", but
not usable at all (in the context of the other blue ocean of icons).

My 20 EURO...
(not being modest, I know -- but I am not always like most people know

Kurt