GNOME/KDE interoperability hothouse

Thomas Zander zander at planescape.com
Fri May 31 20:28:36 BST 2002

On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 11:24:28AM -0700, Charles Samuels wrote:
> fredag 31 mai 2002, 05:31 am, skrev Thomas Zander:
> > I fear that the KDE group will be hugely under presented as long as this
> > is done in the US.
> > Most KDE people are from Europe, plus that I will not travel to the USA
> > in the first place. There are probably others that feel likewise.
>
> After several such events in Europe, I feel that the American KDE developers
> have been under-represented.

Luckely KDE as a community is a mindset that both USA based KDE hackers and
people from other regions in the world share, that mindset and what we have
accomplished in all this time is what I am concerned about.

The 'American KDE developers' are each just as important as European ones, or
asian or australian ones, but that is not the point.

> --
> Charles Samuels <charles at kde.org>
>  "Intolerance is itself a form of violence and an obstacle to the growth of a
> true democratic spirit." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Gandhi cared more for his believes then for the feeling of being accepted, be
believed in his opinion more then (m)any of us will ever do.

Putting his quote in your signature makes me believe that you will see the points
Alan and others are making, the DMCA and many other things happening in politics
today (yes, in your country as well) are a threath to what I feel the KDE mindset
brings us.

Thanx for reading.
--
Thomas Zander                                           zander at planescape.com