GNOME/KDE interoperability hothouse

Charles Samuels charles at kde.org
Fri May 31 20:48:39 BST 2002

fredag 31 mai 2002, 12:28 pm, skrev Thomas Zander:
> On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 11:24:28AM -0700, Charles Samuels wrote:
> > fredag 31 mai 2002, 05:31 am, skrev Thomas Zander:
> > > I fear that the KDE group will be hugely under presented as long as
> > > this is done in the US.
> > > Most KDE people are from Europe, plus that I will not travel to the USA
> > > in the first place. There are probably others that feel likewise.
> >
> > After several such events in Europe, I feel that the American KDE
> > developers have been under-represented.
>
> Luckely KDE as a community is a mindset that both USA based KDE hackers and
> people from other regions in the world share, that mindset and what we have
> accomplished in all this time is what I am concerned about.
>
> The 'American KDE developers' are each just as important as European ones,
> or asian or australian ones, but that is not the point.
>
> > --
> > Charles Samuels <charles at kde.org>
> >  "Intolerance is itself a form of violence and an obstacle to the growth
> > of a true democratic spirit." -- Mahatma Gandhi
>
> Gandhi cared more for his believes then for the feeling of being accepted,
> be believed in his opinion more then (m)any of us will ever do.
>
> Putting his quote in your signature makes me believe that you will see the
> points Alan and others are making, the DMCA and many other things happening
> in politics today (yes, in your country as well) are a threath to what I
> feel the KDE mindset brings us.

Please don't rant endlessly about equality and KDE mindsets in an attempt to
disguise your opinion, whether or not you contradict it.

You said that "American KDE developers" are each just as important as European
ones.  Yet you contradict this by claiming that -all- such events should be
held in Europe.  I'm merely claiming that there should be a proportional
amount of events here as held in Europe.

I don't speak for the rest of the United States, or the people who paid for
the DMCA.  You don't have to come if you don't want to.  As long as I am an
American KDE developer, I will want to be treated as a KDE developer, not as
an American.