Small profiling helper

Ralf Habacker Ralf.Habacker at freenet.de
Thu May 30 09:31:13 BST 2002

> FYI, I justed extended cachegrind profiling to give call tree information
> (I.e.: How often was which function called from where?) and cumulative
> costs (What's the time a function needs together with all the subfunctions
> it calls?).
> This is possible WITHOUT gprof and relinking your exe! Just
> do cachegrind and afterward vg_annotate --tree=both.

This seems to be a good tool, but it's linux specific, so it does not help me.
See the configure message below

habacker at BRAMSCHE ~/src/valgrind-20020511
$ ./configure
<snip>
checking for a supported OS... no (cygwin)
configure: error: Valgrind is Linux specific. Sorry

... and my problem is not one of

Use of uninitialised memory
Reading/writing memory after it has been free'd
Reading/writing off the end of malloc'd blocks
Reading/writing inappropriate areas on the stack
Memory leaks -- where pointers to malloc'd blocks are lost forever
Passing of uninitialised and/or unaddressible memory to system calls
Mismatched use of malloc/new/new [] vs free/delete/delete []

which are targets of valgrind, my problems are long loading time and cygwins
socket unix domain socket and file io implementations :-(

Are there any other tools available for performance measuring relating to kde ?

Regards
Ralf