Small profiling helper

Josef Weidendorfer Josef.Weidendorfer at gmx.de
Tue May 28 11:59:24 BST 2002

Hi,

FYI, I justed extended cachegrind profiling to give call tree information
(I.e.: How often was which function called from where?) and cumulative
costs (What's the time a function needs together with all the subfunctions
it calls?).
This is possible WITHOUT gprof and relinking your exe! Just
do cachegrind and afterward vg_annotate --tree=both.

I send the patch to Julian Seward for including.
The patch to snapshot 20020522 of valgrind is attached.

Cheers,
Josef