PATCH SlaveBase::listEntry() faster dir listing

aleXXX alexander.neundorf at gmx.net
Sun May 26 02:06:16 BST 2002

Hi,

I noticed that when changing with konqy into qt-copy/doc/html, sorting the
dir once takes 2.2 seconds. It gets sorted after every chunk of incoming file
items. Sometimes it happens that I get 1100 items at once (i.e. 2.2 seconds
sorting) and then the rest of 150 item in the second chunk (again 2 seconds
sorting).
So I tuned the calculation of listEntryCurrentSize a little bit so that this
shouldn't happen anymore (at least less probably).
I check whether all remaining items may arrive within maximum_updatetime, if
this is true, listEntryCurrentSize is set big enough to take them all.
If we are below min_updatetime, I calculate how much items might arrive
within min_updatetime and take twice as much (200 ms is still fast enough).

The patch makes e.g. listing of qt-copy/doc/html on my system noticable
faster. It assumes that totalSize() is always  called before the first
listEntry().

Bye
Alex

(the patch also contains the changed signal handler)