PATCH: kde-common/admin share script b/n cvs.sh && missing

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Mon May 27 16:53:05 BST 2002

On Monday 27 May 2002 04:47, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 06:57:42PM -0400, Dawit A. wrote:
> > I dunno if this is workable under all the basic shells in all the
> > platforms KDE runs,
>
> no. "source" is a csh-ism imported into bash. the sh syntax is ".".

Well that was what I was accustomed to using as well, but for some
reason I thought that the actual "source" keyword would be more portable.
Anyways, I will change this back...

> functions and local variables are posix, but i dunno if all our target
> plattforms have posix shells ... i'd avoid it, especially as it does not
> serve any purpose except the esthetical one.

Well the functions segregate the code and make it easier to find the
particular code you are looking for.  The local variables are ofcourse
for avoiding any namespace conflicts.  I've been bitten by namespace
issues many times while writing scripts ; so I always try to reduce the
scope as much as possible.  If these are posix compliant I did rather
leave them it that way and only change then if someone runs into
problems with it.  It should be simple enough to change now after all. :)

> > but I have removed the shared auto* detection code into its
> > own file and sourced it into both cvs.sh and missing.
>
> nice. :)

Thanks.  New patch attached below.  Again can anyone with enough
karma to commit to kde-common/admin, please commit this change ?

Dawit A.