PATCH: kde-common/admin share script b/n cvs.sh && missing

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Mon May 27 17:22:39 BST 2002

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 11:53:05AM -0400, Dawit A. wrote:
> Well the functions segregate the code and make it easier to find the
> particular code you are looking for.  The local variables are ofcourse
> for avoiding any namespace conflicts. [...]
sure. i noticed, that cvs.sh uses functions anyway, so obviously we had
no problems with it yet. :)

> Thanks.  New patch attached below.

as i'm already at it, a minor nitpick:
the shell does no word splitting in assignments and the switch word of
case statements. so it is perfectly safe to have:
case $1 in
  "this is stuff") stuff=$2$3; shift 3;;
esac

the "Portable Shell Programming" chapter of the autoconf info page is a
true goldmine for such info. :)

greetings

The problem with making software idiot-proof is that idiots are so clever.