GCC 3.1 Released

Alexander Kellett kelletta at eidetica.com
Thu May 16 14:13:20 BST 2002

On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 01:36:56PM +0200, Andreas Simon wrote:
> On Thursday 16 May 2002 12:08, Erik Meusel wrote:
> BTW: Next Mandrake, and I guess Redhat too, releases will
> have gcc 3.1.x as standard compiler.

And gentoo (as noted in the article in question iirc)
While I agree that it would be a very nice outcome to
have 3.1 compile without any warnings, what happens in
the case that another compiler is not able to compile
the perfect code for 3.1?, do we fill everything with
ugly preprocesser magic? or choose the path that fits
both well?

Will 3.2 be 'strict' and not 'traditional'?

Alex