CVS has *nothing* to do with releases (was: App duplication again)

Rob Kaper cap at capsi.com
Mon May 6 13:52:12 BST 2002

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 05:42:08AM -0700, Neil Stevens wrote:
> I wouldn't want to punish the users becuase some developers don't feel
> like digging up web space, messing with automake to make a standalone
> tarball, and announcing it, let alone trying to get the app translated,
> documented, and painted with usable icons.

If cvs2pack is patched to copy the right translation files from kde-i18n,
then kdenonbeta can be used for all that except the web space for the
tarballs. Hm, ftp.kde.org has an incoming dir, has it not?

You'd get all of the benefits of KDE CVS without having to be in the
official KDE meta packages. You could even still be part of the release,
possible we need a module for that (stuff that will be released, but as
seperate package). Didn't we discuss the ninth gear idea before when GNOME
had a fifth toe?

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | Gimme some love, gimme some skin,
cap at capsi.com | if we ain't got that then we ain't got much