App duplication again (Re: new project in kdemultimedia)

Matthias Elter m_elter at t-online.de
Sat May 4 16:27:28 BST 2002

On Saturday 04 May 2002 17:17, Neil Stevens wrote:
> > But I think they have the right to say that they don't have fun to
> > translate msgs for 4 duplicated apps.
>
> Then they don't *have* to.  There is no difference to the
> non-english-speaker between them choosing not to translate app X, and
> having app X removed from KDE.

There is a big difference, KDE looks and feels more complete and professional
with fully translated core packages. I'd feel pissed of if only parts of the
instruction manual for say a new stereo was translated to German and the
better half Korean.

It has always been a goal for us to ship fully translated and fully documented
core packages (not that this goal was reached 100%) and thats not going to
change.

Greetings,
Matthias