[Kde-nonlinux] Porting KDE3 to IRIX / MipsPro

Michael Matz matz at kde.org
Fri May 3 13:47:32 BST 2002

Hi,

On Thu, 2 May 2002, Marcus Camen wrote:

> right now I am porting KDE3 to IRIX using the MipsPro 6.3 compiler on a 1
> processor R3000 and using the MipsPro 7.3 compiler on a 32 processor
> (R10k) machine.

It once worked so it shouldn't be that difficult.  Just make sure you use
the newest MIPSpro compiler.  6.3 is certainly too old.  I don't remember
exactly which version of 7.3 I used, and don't have our IRIX machines
anymore.

> Well, I get a number of different compilation and runtime errors. Most of
> the compile errors can be solved by adding something like
>
>   using namespace KParts;

This shouldn't be necessary with a modern C++ compiler.  Please show an
instance of that problem which fails with 7.3.

> Can I add these changes to HEAD and to the KDE_3_0_BRANCH

Post patches.  We most probably don't want uglyfying patches in CVS for
the 6.3 version of the compiler.

Ciao,
Michael.