kde 3.1 -- make Keramik default?

Vadim Plessky lucy-ples at mtu-net.ru
Thu Jun 13 08:28:45 BST 2002

On Thursday 13 June 2002 5:17 am, Maks Orlovich wrote:
|  On Wednesday 12 June 2002 06:22 pm, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
|  > On Wednesday 12 June 2002 14:29, Maksim Orlovich wrote:
|  > > Actually, I am nearly done with a new recoloring algorithm that is
|  > > more accurate and more vivid; but I'd be quite interested in what you
|  > > came up with, too...
|  >
|  > I have distilled the patch further so it doesnt use the colorize
|  > algorithm. The colorize algoritm disregarded the original hue anyway.
|  >
|  > This gives the result most people expect when applying color-schemes on
|  > kstyles. Their colours are _supposed_ to be definate.
|  >
|  > http://sneulv.dk/atlasbefore.png
|  > http://sneulv.dk/atlasafter.png
|  > http://sneulv.dk/win2000before.png
|  > http://sneulv.dk/win2000after.png
|  > http://sneulv.dk/snapshot1.png
|
|  These show my current work algorithm, with the corresponding color
| schemes:
|
|  http://mail.rochester.edu/~mo002j/atlas.png
|  http://mail.rochester.edu/~mo002j/win2k.png
|  http://mail.rochester.edu/~mo002j/def.png

I like Maks' modifications better (not to offend anyone here).
But:
1) widgets still look like to blurry
 check top part of buttons, scrollbars

2) scrollbars's arows and listboxes' arrows are HUGE
I know this issue was addresed soem time ago - but ANY kind of testing would
be useful only with well-sized widgets. Before this, it's too early to say
wether widget looks ok with this color, or not.

3) Window Decoratiojns - they are BLUE on all screenshots!
No respect for theme colors (color scheme).
To tell more: Atlas and Win2k colors look like incompatible with this
(Keramik-Blue) Window Decorations.

|  There are still some problems to solve with it though; since it tends to
|  oversaturate scrollbar grooves with bright schemes; while toolbar/menu
| images are a bit too dark; plus contrast/highlight enchancement needs to be
| throttled more intelligently...

Regards,
--

Vadim Plessky