kde 3.1 -- make Keramik default?

Maks Orlovich mo002j at mail.rochester.edu
Thu Jun 13 02:17:54 BST 2002

On Wednesday 12 June 2002 06:22 pm, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 June 2002 14:29, Maksim Orlovich wrote:
> > Actually, I am nearly done with a new recoloring algorithm that is more
> > accurate and more vivid; but I'd be quite interested in what you came up
> > with, too...
>
> I have distilled the patch further so it doesnt use the colorize algorithm.
> The colorize algoritm disregarded the original hue anyway.
>
> This gives the result most people expect when applying color-schemes on
> kstyles. Their colours are _supposed_ to be definate.
>
> http://sneulv.dk/atlasbefore.png
> http://sneulv.dk/atlasafter.png
> http://sneulv.dk/win2000before.png
> http://sneulv.dk/win2000after.png
> http://sneulv.dk/snapshot1.png

These show my current work algorithm, with the corresponding color schemes:

http://mail.rochester.edu/~mo002j/atlas.png
http://mail.rochester.edu/~mo002j/win2k.png
http://mail.rochester.edu/~mo002j/def.png

There are still some problems to solve with it though; since it tends to
oversaturate scrollbar grooves with bright schemes; while toolbar/menu images
are a bit too dark; plus contrast/highlight enchancement needs to be
throttled more intelligently...